Looking for a quick dessert to whip up today? Try out these peanut butter blossom cookies! These tasty treats take less than an hour to make.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
What You’ll Need:
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter–both creamy and chunky will work fine, but I used chunky because it’s what I had on hand
- 1 cup of brown sugar, plus a little extra for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. of milk (I used almond milk since I didn’t have regular milk)
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Hershey’s kisses
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream your butter, peanut butter and sugar. Next, add your egg, milk and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
- Using a wooden spoon, gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture. Mix until combined and dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, roll the balls in sugar and place about 2 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 7 minutes, or until the cookies are puffed up and a light brown color. Remove the cookies from the oven, and place an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake for about 3 minutes longer, or until the cookies are a light golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely–then enjoy!