Chocolate chess pie: a classic, rich, sweet Southern dessert. And luckily, it is so easy to make! Here’s my take on the chocolatey treat.
Chocolate Chess Pie
Yield: 1 pie
What You’ll Need:
- 1- 9 in. pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1- 5 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 tbsp. of vanilla extract
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your pie crust.
- Mix the brown sugar and cocoa powder in a large bowl until combined.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and then beat into the sugar mixture.
- Add milk, butter and vanilla extract and beat for about a minute, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the pie is set in the middle. Let cool completely before serving.
Give it a try and let me know what you think–happy baking!