I looove banana bread! It’s a perfect breakfast, snack, dessert or gift for someone else. It’s also incredibly quick and easy to whip up–which is great, because I never seem to be able to eat all of the bananas I buy before they get a little too mushy. Here is my simple recipe for a tasty Banana Walnut Bread:
Banana Walnut Bread
Yield: 1 4×8 inch loaf
What You’ll Need:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and thoroughly coat a 4×8 loaf pan with butter, Crisco, or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash your bananas. Pour the melted butter over the mashed bananas, and combine.
- Next, mix in your sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and flour over the mixture little by little, and combine gently. It’s okay if it’s a little lumpy! Finally, dump in your walnuts and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until your loaf is golden brown and the middle is set. Cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.