Time for more fall crockpot recipes! Chili is one of the ultimate comfort foods. And so, so easy to make.
This is my mama’s recipe, so get ready for a delicious meal that tastes like home and fall and happiness!
Yield: 8-10 servings
What You’ll Need:
- 2 lb. ground beef
- Large onion, diced
- 3 – 14.5 oz. cans of chili-style diced tomatoes
- 3 – 15.5 oz. cans of kidney beans (mix of light & dark)
- 1 – 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Brown your ground beef and diced onion over medium heat. Drain the grease and transfer the meat mixture to a crockpot.
- Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans and seasonings to the crockpot, and cook for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 on low. Add tomato paste after an hour or two of cooking if it looks too watery.
- Enjoy!! Top with shredded cheddar cheese, or try serving over pasta!