Hi!!! Remember me?! Probably not, because I’m the worst food blogger ever. Good thing I didn’t quit my day job.
Things got super hectic for me over the past couple of months because I FINALLY found a new job (praise the lord!!) and I haven’t had a ton of free time as a result…but I feel like a new person! It’s crazy how being stuck in a job you really don’t like affects you–I’m so glad to have gotten my first shitty job experience out of the way. So while I feel like my quarter life crisis has subsided for the time being, Quarter Life Crisis Cooking is back and I hope to start posting more regularly again!
Let’s talk One Pot Creamy Spinach and Chicken Pasta. Ooey gooey cheesy sauce. Flavorful chicken, mushrooms and spinach. One pot = less mess = happy cleaning. AND prep and cook time for this dish is under 45 minutes. Literally can’t go wrong.
One Pot Creamy Spinach and Chicken Pasta
Yield: about 6 servings
What You’ll Need:
- about 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breast, cubed
- 16 oz. of mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. of pasta of choice (I used cavatappi and it was perfect!!)
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup of dry white wine
- 8-10 oz. of fresh spinach
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
What You’ll Do:
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add your chicken to the warm oil and lightly salt and pepper the meat. Cook for about 6 minutes, or until almost done.
- Add your garlic and mushrooms to the pan and stir. Cook for about 4 more minutes.
- Add water, wine, spices and pasta to the mixture and combine. Turn up heat to medium-high and cook for about 10-13 minutes, stirring often.
- Once pasta is tender, add cream, parmesan and spinach to the mixture. Cook for about 2 more minutes, stirring often, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately! Top with more fresh parmesan.
So tasty. Big hit with the fam! Try it out y’all and let me know what you think!!