Hi friends!! Sorry I’ve been slightly MIA. Between a little traveling and some other things going on in my life, it’s been hard to find time to blog. Luckily, this Coconut Cashew Chicken Curry is a recipe worth waiting for.
I loooove Indian food, and I love curry. This dish is hearty, savory, creamy, and not tooo spicy (because I’m a bit of a spice wimp). And did I mention you make it in a crockpot?! You literally just dump all of your ingredients into the pot and come back a couple hours later to a flavorful, delicious dish that looks like it required way more effort than it did. Try making this incredibly easy dish, and prepare to impress your friends and family!
Coconut Cashew Chicken Curry
Yield: 6-8 servings
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup of halved cashews
- 1 (13.5 oz) can of coconut milk
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of peas
- Cooked rice for serving (optional)
- Chopped cilantro and cashews for topping (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Cube your chicken breasts and potatoes, chop your onion, mince your garlic, and place them all into a crockpot. (PS: if you’ve never used a crockpot liner, you should. Makes clean-up sooooooo easy!!)
- Add cashews to the crockpot.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth to the crockpot.
- Add all of your spices to the crockpot, and stir until mixture is well combined.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours, or until everything is tender.
- Add chopped bell pepper and peas, and continue to cook for about 30 minutes
Voilà!! I like to serve over rice with extra cashews and chopped cilantro on top. Enjoy!