You’re going to a party, a potluck, or a friend’s house and you need to bring a dish to share. In the mood to try something new? Then try these simple caprese skewers–easy, delicious and also very pretty!
Yield: about 36 skewers
What You’ll Need:
- 36 toothpicks
- 2 cartons of cherry or grape tomatoes
- about 2 oz. of mozzarella cheese–I bought cheese that was already balled and individually wrapped (because I’m lazy), but you could buy a block of mozzarella and dice it yourself.
- A couple sprigs of fresh basil
What You’ll Do:
- Gather all of your ingredients. Dice the mozzarella, cut the basil leaves into bite size pieces, and slice tomatoes in half if desired (I didn’t).
- Assemble the skewers: place one piece of mozzarella, one basil leaf and one tomato on each toothpick.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
That’s it! I almost thought it was too simple to merit a blog post…but look how pretty they are. And they taste just as delightful!
Add this recipe to your appetizer repertoire! A perfect (& healthy!!) addition to any get-together.