HAPPY PI DAY!!! I hate everything math related–except for Pi Day. It’s an excuse to eat pie all day long, what’s not to like?! If you’ve got about an hour of time to spare today, try out my coconut custard pie!
Coconut Custard Pie
Yield: 1 pie
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 3/4 cups of unsweetened, shredded coconut
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and place pie crust into a pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. Stir in sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan and then slowly pour it into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Stir in the shredded coconut, then pour the mixture into your prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
Then EAT!! Delicious warm or chilled.
What are you eating on this lovely Pi Day?!